Government polytechnic Bhubaneswar is one among the foremost institutes of Odisha technical education, basic and applied research.
Government polytechnic Bhubaneswar came into existence inheriting from the Women's polytechnic 1978. This fact itself charges the Institute not only to be worthy of its inheritance but also to be distinctive and distinguished on its own by scripting a path towards novelties.
The Institute aligns all its activities to serve national interest and seeks
- To provide broad-based education, helping students hone their professional skills and acquire the best-in-class capabilities in their respective disciplines
- To draw the best expertise in science, technology and management so as to equip students with the skills to visualize, synthesize and execute projects in these fields
- To imbibe a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation in its students
- To undertake sponsored research and provide consultancy services in industrial education and socially relevant areas.
- To encourage and facilitate faculty, researchers and students to work synergistically across discipline boundaries.
- To strive for productive partnership between the industry and the Institute.